Sunday, November 18, 2007

And I May Never Find the Meaning of Life...But For This Moment I Am Fine

Last weekend we had the Wright side family over to celebrate the season of Thanks.

It was so wonderful to sit and enjoy one another, to catch up and at the same time realize that we interact as if no time had passed at all. Spending time with Grandma and Grandpa fills our hearts in an indescribable way; seeing Dominick with them paints such a beautiful and whole picture. Seeing my husband through their eyes allows me to appreciate him for the amazing man that he has become, but also see the child that he was that still exists in the mischievous twinkle in his eye.

Billie and Rob, and their beautiful girlfriends had us laughing all day long, and we realized that we definitely need to spend more time together. It was great seeing our aunts and uncles, watching football and knocking a few back - we even got a phone call from Jess and baby Jersie in Arizona!

But - as always - it was the shortest attendee that kept our attention the most. Our cousin Holly and her beautiful daughter MacKenzie made the time so special. MacKenzie's cheerful laughter and squeeky voice echoed through our house and lended a soundtrack of joy to the entire day. She and Tugger were fast friends and did a great job of exhausting one another - there was even a quick cat nap together on the couch.

On the one hand, when I went through the camera I kept thinking "Gosh, I thought I took more pictures....I wish I had taken more pictures"....but the truth is, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Because while I may have come up short on the proof, it was a magical day of reconnecting and love...and while it can't be blogged or printed, that is the stuff that lives in the heart and can never be overexposed or fade with time.




No comments: