Sunday, April 29, 2007

Time to Take Time, For Spring Will Turn To Fall....In Just No Time At All

We have begun our adventure into the wiles of Pennsylvania (affectionately called "Pennsyltucky" by those of us who are uncomfortable being more than 40 minutes from a major metropolitan city), and are having a wonderful time - more on that later....

Before we set forth on our journey, I had the opportunity - no, the pleasure - no, the blessing of spending the day with my cousin Allison, her daughter Megan, and the most recent addition to our family: Ryan Michael.

The trip didn't begin well. I awoke to pouring rain and had to get Tugger packed up and over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the weekend.

I hate Tugger in the rain - because Tug LOVES the rain. There is nothing that makes that dog happier than mud camo all over his little white paws. You can image what my floors and couch looked like! But I digress...

So I woke up to this:

But it couldn't deter me from seeing this:

Spending time with Allie and her children was just the rehab I needed. It is an amazing thing to grow up with someone and experience life changing events.
We sat and talked for hours - about life, about death, about nothing, about the kids. We remembered Barbie marathons and backyard parties and ex boyfriends. We remembered the fun we had together - but also the fear of not knowing how the maze of young adulthood would turn out for us. Allison spoke about sitting in her daughter's room, pregnant with her second child, and crying tears of joy for the blessings that God has brought to her life. I do the same in the quiet of the early morning, peering over the crest of my pillow at my sweetheart, my best friend, my Dommy....and I know this joy and gratitude will only intensify as our family grows (not yet folks).
But as I sat in my cousin's living room and soaked in the joy of her family, I was so inspired and proud of her. Her beauty reflected in in the laughter that fills her house, in the peaceful sleep of her new son, and in the icing-covered face of her sweet daughter.

And in the familiar comfort of our visit, I knew Grandma and Pop-Pop were smiling down on us...

No comments: