Saturday, May 05, 2007

I Hear My Voice and It's Been Here....Silent All These Years

One day we'll get Dom to blog - until then it is my responsibility to report back!
Here are a few shots from Dominick's art studio last weekend.
Every day, I am more amazed by the talent and strength of my husband. The first thing I noticed about Dominick were his beautiful blue eyes. I was reminded of this when a woman in his class pulled me aside to tell me "Looking into his eyes is like falling - it is like looking into spirit". The eyes draw you in, but it is that spirit that made me fall in love with him.
Dominick and I enjoy a life and marriage full of joy and laughter. I sometimes take for granted what a profoundly deep and soulful person he is. This weekend was to honor that part of him and his artistic abilities; it was hard work, he tells me, breaking down the walls that he built up over the years. It was fascinating to see the progression of his work over the three days, and his frustration and anger turn to beauty.
I'll work on uploading some examples of his work later. For now here are some snapshots...



No comments: