Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Father Sent Me To Old Rutgers, And Resolved That I Should Be A Man

This past weekend was reunion weekend at Rutgers, and my last as a staffer (although next year I'll be working Freshman Orientation this weekend).
It was a beautiful day and a lovely parade with lots of old friends that I've come to know and love through my job. Here's a few highlights:
Our office tradition: breakfast at ABP

Brian Crockett and his trusty stead

Walter Seward (aka Yoda), our oldest living alumnus at 113
Class of 1942 - I work with these guys alot. Many of them are featured on the History Channel and other documentaries. Seeing their joy and pride is especially emotional thinking about the terrifying world that they spent their young adulthood in. Six percent of their class perished in the war.
But you would never know it to see them
My guys in the Class of 1952 thought they had the perfect class uniform - unfortunately (?) the weather guys were wrong (BIG surprise) and we had beautiful weather.
Class of 1957 - these guys can party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny; I don't see no picture of the "father" that sent you "..to old Rutgers"!! What the crap?!?!?! Matter of fact, it's all crap!!! But I'll keep reading.
Keep up the good work. I'm outta here!!