Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'll Meet You Anytime You Want, In Our Italian Restaurant

Last night was one of the highlights of my career thus far. I organized a cocktail reception in NYC hosted by the Dean of Rutgers College and one of our esteemed alumni...that's right...think Persimmon crocs!



It was an amazing night of making Rutgers connections and celebrating our shared experiences. Mario was wonderful and the evening felt like it was being held in someone's living room - but I understand that each of Mario's restaurants evoke this intimate sense of belonging. This is not surprising once you meet him, his warmth draws you in and embraces a crowd like a big bear hug.

Again, the biggest drawback of being the photog? No photos of me!!!! I even brought my bright green crocs with me so that we could get a "feet shot". I was invited back for dinner, so maybe I'll post one in the future!




I had a wonderful time, way too much fantastic wine, and lots of laughs with Rutgers friends. In many ways, it was the perfect swan song as I embark on a new professional adventure. This would be a tough evening to top, and virtually impossible to replicate. So with a smile on my face, I drove through the Holland Tunnel with a quiet appreciation and understanding...it's time....

No comments: