Monday, June 11, 2007

But Then I Turned Around, And I Heard a Sound

And it said I'm gonna catch you, you'd better run. I'm gonna catch you, here I come!

Last week I had another lovely day with my cousin Allison, her children Megan and Ryan, and the Laurie Berkner Band! It is at the same time inspiring and terrifying to see their growth - Ryan already makes my arm ache! And little Miss Megan is just about as brilliant and sassy as they come. Sharing a day with her is so refreshing, she is just a fireball of personality in a diaper.

When Allison and I play with Meg, it brings back so many memories. The more time we spend together, the more surreal it becomes: as we sit and mold playdough it is so easy to let our minds wander back 20 years, and for just a moment we are the long-legged little girls giggling in the playroom while our moms have a visit, until the squeaky voice of her daughter breaks through the quiet and reminds us that we are no longer playing to entertain one another...but to assist Meg in exploring her imagination and creativity. It is such a beautiful experience to sing songs and otherwise entertain this beautiful little girl who is already such a strong individual, a whisper of the phenomenal woman that she will become. Thanks for the great day!


No comments: