Sunday, June 17, 2007

Let's Get Loose, Loose, Who Got the Hooch



Dominick and I are proud members of the "bridge and tunnel" club and try to make good use of our proximity to Manhattan. Our trips have taken a steep downturn since buying the house, but we're gearing back up. We are there often enough to be COMPLETELY irritated and dismissive to the very slowly wandering tourists...but not jaded enough to refuse to take photos or even be SEEN with a camera. Perfectly balanced in my mind!

Our most recent visit was centered around going to the theatre and dinner at a wonderful French restaurant (a gift from my generous sister). We have been meaning to try box seats and decided to give them a go at Les Miserables, since we've already seen it a few times. As it turns out, box seats are not all they are cracked up to be, as we missed any of the show located stage right! It was fantastically interesting to have a birdseye view of the orchestra and actors doing their thing - but the partial view of the stage left much to be desired in soaking in the full view and experience of the production. It was neat to go to see the play after having been to Paris, and it was fun to be able to visualize the Rue du Bac and Notre Dame as the characters made reference to them, but I think 4 times is it for us, onto some of the new arrivals (I recommend Mary Poppins to anyone who will listen...absolutely magical).




We hit LOADS of traffic having not paid any attention to the fact that the Yankees were playing the Mets - this event has absolutely no bearing on my life and 364 days of the year, my complete disinterest in major league baseball bears no real consequences. But on this day in particular, it would have been particularly useful information as I chose to drive in, despite the fact that my airconditioning is broken because (and I quote) "Don't worry Dom: the air flows through the vents and it is comfortable as long as I keep moving".

Argh.

But we kept ourselves entertained - as usual. Much to Dom's delight, I was forced to begin removing articles of clothing as the temperature reached 90 degrees with plenty of city humidity.





Then Dom gave me his best "Joisey" face, and proceeded to completely crack himself up...always his own best audience!





"Married Couple" Story of the Day:

I love fashion and always take advantage of the opportunity to dress up, especially when we go on one of our "date nights". So I recently purchased an adorable pair of capri pants (or so I thought) with two big black buttons on the waistband and decided to wear them to the show. Here's a terrible photo for reference:

Dominick and I were sharing some much-needed together time over a romantic dinner, showing a fantastic bottle of Cotes du Rhone who's boss, and he says "You know what the buttons on your pants remind me of?" To which I replied "Yea, they kinda remind me of sailor pants" and Dominick....my love, my confidante, my soulmate...exclaims "No, they look like Mickey Mouse's pants! I bet I could photoshop them to be red!"
He really knows how to make a girl feel beautiful! But I guess he makes up for it when I'm sitting on the couch in my pajamas with my hair defying gravity and last night's makeup smeared under my eyes and he comes over and plants one on me. Dressed up love is the easy part....but unbrushed-teeth, cranky, haven't-had-my-coffee-yet love....now THAT's the real deal.

For now, I take leave of you as I hear my husband announce that he can make a pizza on the grill (our oven is broken). Must go put my powers of persuasive logic and reasoning to good use.

No comments: