Thursday, June 21, 2007

My, My, My It's a Beautiful World


So every few months I go through a period of separation anxiety from my family in California and seek some desparate ways to get a fix. Usually this entails me searching frantically online for some magical $80 flight from Newark to LAX to appear. Of course, even if this airline manna were to exist, it wouldn't be enough. No, it would then have to be followed up with a memo from my boss telling me that it was totally fine for me to take vacation days that I don't have, an email from the dog-sitter that they could squeeze us in at the last minute, and a call from our contractor telling us that they like us SO much that they are replacing our roof for free!

You get the point, no trips to LA on the horizon...

In the grand scheme of things, I suppose we do a pretty good job of covering the coastlines and getting together as often as possible; but in a world that moves ever so quickly, and during a time in our lives where things seem to change and grow by the minute (especially those in diapers!), it takes alot of effort and care.
Luckily, we are all fairly internet savvy and manage to keep one another posted through blogs, emails, and websites. Most recently, Billie and Justin shared these photos of Liam's first trip to the beach. They touched my heart and I wanted everyone to enjoy our growing family. For reference, I've also posted a photo of us from our last trip to Disney, when Jen and Tim were the only married ones, and Billie was the "baby" at 16 - my how things have changed!





No comments: